Ready, aim, fire and feel like Robin Hood with this exciting pastime that stretches back across the ages.Discover archery
Why choose archery?
- Unleash your inner Katniss (The Hunger Games) and learn this fantastic skill!
- Test your marksmanship and perfect your aim
- Accessible to anyone over 7 years old, no matter your ability (age restriction may vary per location)
- Shoot bullseyes in no time as our expert archery instructors guide you through all you need to know about this absorbing activity
- Each GO Active location offers a unique archery experience
- From £7 - £15 per session
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR ARCHERY EXPERIENCE?
- Fun warm up activities to get you in the zone
- Enticing array of challenges and games; shoot targets, balloons, stickers and even mini-boats!
- Your own bow, bracer and arrow
What To Bring
- Comfortable, long sleeved clothing
- Suitable footwear, such as boots or trainers
- A good eye for the target!
Hints and tips
Dial your eye in, focus your mind and perfect your technique by using these archery tips from our expert instructors to help improve your skills and accuracy before your day with us! Get your bow grip right, clear your mind with special breathing techniques, and don’t forget to test your anchor point!
Just like you’ll find in other sports, your posture or stance affects your aim. Before you even raise your bow, think about your feet! Angle both feet at a right angle to the target and a tad bit less apart than your shoulders.
This is the point, usually under the cheek bone with the bowstring pulled to the tip of your nose, where the bow is pulled back before firing. Everyone is different so give different anchor points a go to find the most comfortable one for you!
Now is the time to practise breathing techniques to clear your mind. Inhale deeply as you’re aiming, allowing five to ten seconds to focus on the target before releasing your shot. Doing this will help you hit those bullseyes!
Landal Gwel an Mor
Piran Meadows Resort & Spa
Hengar Manor Country Park
Sandymouth Holiday Resort
Cheddar Woods Resort & Spa
Crowhurst Park Lodges
Hemsby Beach Holiday Park
Sherwood Castle Holiday Forest
Landal Darwin Forest
Sandybrook country park
Whitemead Forest Park
Yorkshire Moors & Coast
Landal Kielder Waterside
GO ACTIVE PLUS LOCATION
CLICK A LOCATION TO SEE DETAILS
Book with confidence. We are a member of ABTA. Read full details of our ABTA membership and where financial protection might apply to your booking.