out of 10
We stayed in No:13 Loch View Lodge. On entering the lodge for the first time I noticed that the front door was not very secure, it was a very old metal frame door with frosted glass panels, it was one of the only lodges there that still had this shabby door that, in all honesty, did not feel secure at all. There was one small Night Latch lock that was a bit loose, that was it! No draught proofing around the seal of the door, all of the wind was blowing through the door, luckily we weren't staying during winter. I was immediately hit with the smell of dampness from the lodge, which is expected from a wooden building in the middle of the Glen. However, on inspection of the property, all of the curtains in the lodge were covered in mould due to the damp conditions. They have clearly never been replaced in a long time. I was worried for my families health, but luckily we only had to sleep there for 2 nights! I was informed at reception that Electric & Gas costs are NOT included in the rental price, which to be honest I wasn't to bothered about until I seen the lodge for myself. The kitchen was under equipped, remember to pack fairy liquid with you because there is none! 3 teabags were kindly left in the dusty cupboard for us, luckily we didn't need to use them. The shower was not from this century, it was not suitable for a holiday lodge of this price. The rug in the front room was covered in stains, too many to mention. If all of this was not enough, we couldn't even sleep in peace as the walls in the master bedroom have small animals living inside them. We are village dwellers so we are used to animals and expect the odd noise, but this was constant all night, as if it was in the room with you. Safe to say we were glad to leave first thing on the Sunday morning.
I have stayed in many holiday lodges/cabins etc and none of them have ever been like this. I feel that the price is too expensive for what is on offer. My family & I carried on our holiday at another holiday cottage which was a similar price for 4 nights and was fully equipped, not damp, had a working shower from this century, electric & gas included in price & staff were available should you need assistance.
I would not advise anybody to book here. Save your money and pitch a tent or book a bed in a hostel. Far too overpriced for what you get.
Confirmed guest, 2017-09-03