Our Secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard and is among the best
software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts ALL OF YOUR
PERSONAL INFORMATION, including your credit or debit card number, name and address,
which means that your details cannot be read as the information travels over the
internet. Only Hoseasons can read your personal information.
Equally, as required by the UK Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1998, we follow
strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information provided
by our customers.
In the extremely unlikely event that your card details are obtained and used fraudulently,
most banks and credit card providers will either cover all charges resulting from
this unauthorised use of your credit details or will limit your liability to £50.
Please check your card agreement to establish your coverage for liability.
Did you know? The risk of credit card fraud is 100 times greater when you hand your
card to the waiter in a restaurant than when you shop on the Internet! Modern day
encryption technology, used by many Web sites like ours, virtually eliminates credit
card fraud on the Internet.
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking. Information held is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific travel requirements.
If you choose to let your holiday accommodation with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let.
We also collect website usage information. We do this using “cookies”. For further information about cookies and how we use them please see our Cookies Policy
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday);
- to enable us to advertise your holiday accommodation, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your holiday accommodation through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see section 6 below);
- to manage customer service queries; and
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- other members of the Wyndham Group and their service providers (see also section 5);
- owners of holiday cottages, holiday parks and boatyards (if you are making a holiday accommodation booking );
- individuals who may be renting accommodation from you (if you are a holiday accommodation owner);
- credit/debit card companies;
- our preferred insurance provider(s) (if you purchase the personal travel insurance policy we offer); and
- other third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resorts, holiday parks, management companies, owner's associations, airlines, ferry companies, cruise companies and other suppliers.
- our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
We may also pass on your information to our group of companies and selected third parties so that they may offer you their products and services.
5. How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint other members of the Wyndham Group, or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas. We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
6. When can we contact you in the future?
We would like to send you information about our own products and services, as well as those of selected third parties. We may do this by post, telephone, email or SMS, unless you have told us that you do not wish to be contacted in this way. We will always ask you to confirm in advance that you are happy for us to allow third parties to contact you by email.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at The Hoseasons Group Limited, Spring Mill, Earby, Barnoldswick, Lancashire, BB94 0AA, United Kingdom. Alternatively you can call on 0845 268 9282.
7. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
8. "Tell a friend" programme
We may from time to time ask you if you would like to tell us about a friend or family member who you think may be interested in our products and services. In this case, we will ask you for your friend's name and contact details. We will then send your friend a one-time communication to see whether our products and services may be of interest to them. We do not access or store their details other than to send this initial communication.
9. How can you access and update your information?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the address below. Please note that we may charge a small administrative fee for the provision of this information.
Data Protection Co-ordinator
The Hoseasons Group Limited,
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
10. Does the policy apply to linked websites?
11. When do you monitor telephone calls?
We may from time to time record telephone calls you have with members or our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
By email: email@example.com
Or write to us at :
The Hoseasons Group Limited,
Or call us on: 0845 268 9282