This holiday cottage is ideally located for exploring the wealth of history and attractions in the surrounding area.
- Wood-burning stove - initial fuel inc, thereafter avail locally
- Elec, full oil CH, bed linen and towels inc
- Large private country style garden terracing down to stream with views over field
- Large summer house with dining table and sofa, ideal location for relaxation and heated for all year round use
- Patio and separate decked area both with seating
- Parking on village green
- Pet free of charge
- No smoking
- Please note: The terrace leads down to the stream. No children.
> Situated in a delightful position down a picturesque no through lane in the pretty Oxfordshire village of Swalcliffe, this holiday cottage, one in a row, is in the perfect location for friends, walkers and cyclists. Located on the edge of the famous Cotswolds, the cottage is an ideal holiday base from which to explore this delightful region. Walkers will find many established footpaths that lead through the village and beyond, passing through some of the most magnificent scenery and unspoilt countryside. There is a choice of local market towns with Shipston-on-Stour or Banbury both only 15 minute drive away. Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s birthplace and the location of Royal Shakespeare Theatre is only a 10-mile drive; each town provide a weekly farmers’ market, offering good quality local produce and goods. A little further afield but still within easy driving distance, guests will be able to visit Stow-on-the-Wold, Oxford, Silverstone, Bicester, Chipping Norton, Woodstock, Blenheim and Warwick. Guests at Bakers Lane can use the facilities at a local club, at cost, just 15 minutes’ away. It is also an ideal base for visiting local National Trust properties, including Althorpe and Sulgrave Manor. The surrounding villages are abundant with cosy country pubs and local attractions from Neolithic circles, civil war battles fields to potteries and breweries. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 50 yards.