Delightful cottage for couples, in romantic woodland setting, where deer, squirrels and owls can be seen, ideal for Edinburgh.
This detached stone holiday cottage lies in peaceful woodland, just 45 minutes south of Edinburgh and is a perfect romantic retreat for two with a light living room looking out to the garden and woods where roe deer, red squirrels and owls can be glimpsed by the patient observer. St Abbs Nature Reserve is 8 miles and the spectacular cliffs and beaches of the east coast are within easy reach. The Seabird Centre at North Berwick is 25 miles. Good walking both along the coast and inland in the Lammermuirs, riding, fishing, diving and golf can be found locally. Sandy beaches 7 miles. Pub serving food 4 miles.
Open-plan living/dining room/kitchen with wood-burning stove and patio doors to garden. First floor: Double bedroom with sloping ceiling. Shower room with toilet.
- Wood-burning stove in living room - intial fuel included, thereafter available locally
- Full electric central heating and electricity by meter reading
- Bed linen and towels included
- Freeview TV
- Washing machine
- Use of owners freezer by arrangement
- Small enclosed garden with patio and furniture
- Parking (for 1 car)
- Cycle store
- Water supply from borehole
- No smoking