A truly unique experience! This ’get away from it all’ property can only be accessed on foot, but is ideally situated for touring the area.
- Wood-burning stove - fuel is included for the first night, then available at additional cost
- Elec, electric wall panel heaters, bed linen and towels inc
- TV (for DVD playback only, bring own DVDs)
- Washer/dryer in external utility
- Tel-honesty box
- Small garden with patio and furniture
- Parking (for 2 cars) 300 yards across field with livestock, bring strong footwear and torch)
- Cycle store
- Natural water supply
- Welcome pack
- No smoking
- NB: Uneven slate stairs to first floor.
> National Trust Holiday Cottag
Perched up on the hillside with great views out over the valley, this delightful 17th-century cottage, now owned by the National Trust, is situated on Dolobran Farm, a working farm. With a fascinating history, this property is approached on foot across a field with livestock, so make sure you bring stout footwear and a torch! Beautifully restored, it has many character features, including low doorways and sloping ceilings. It is just 1½ miles to the pretty village of Dinas Mawddwy with a welcoming village pub. From here there is a delightful drive over the mountains to Lake Vyrnwy. In the other direction is the market town of Dolgellau which offers a choice of eateries, and it is only a short distance further to the sandy beaches at Fairbourne or Barmouth, which is also connected to Dolgellau by the Mawddach Trail which runs along the trackbed of an old railway line. Shop 8 miles, pub and restaurant 5 miles. Show more