Set on a 4,500 Highland estate, there are a number of passtimes available on site.
Set on a Highland estate spanning 4500 acres with hills rising to 2500ft, these four holiday properties are situated on the edge of the Cairngorms National Park with a wild flower reserve nearby, and an abundance of wildlife including ospreys and huge herds of deer. For 300 years Cistercian Monks spent half of each year at this peaceful place, making butter and cheese and brewing beer from the pure springs that continue to feed the houses. Delightful 18th-century Clover Cottage is reached from its parking area via a short track across a stream. With its own large garden with views towards the great massif of the Grampians. Claypotts is a charming 18th-century cottage, is in an utterly peaceful glen at the heart of the estate with its own enclosed garden on the banks of the River Isla. Croft End Cottage, a 15th-century cottage lies secluded behind double hedges and is a romantic yet fabulously comfortable place perfect for explorers, lovers and honeymooners. Brewlands Cottage is a 17th-century, cosy, very comfortable property in a lovely riverside location with fishing from the garden and views of high hills and surrounding quiet countryside. There are ancient wild flower meadows with rare wild yellow violets and orchids. Red squirrels live around the gardens and the walls support rare ferns and lichens which grow only in unpolluted places. Walking from the door of each cottage. Excellent golf courses at St Andrews, Carnoustie, Gleneagles and Rosemount. Glenshee ski resort is 35 minutes, as is Pitlochry with its theatre, restaurants and kilt and cashmere shops. An adventure centre 20 minutes away, with pony trekking at Balmoral Estate and many castles and stately homes to visit: Balmoral, Glamis, Blair Atholl, Scone Palace and Braemar. Visit the famous Whisky Trail. Riding centre 6 miles. The oldest tree in Europe is in Fortingall, 1 hour. Shops 12 miles, pub 2 miles.
Sun porch. Living room with cast-iron wood-burning stove. Dining room with wood panelling. Kitchen with door to garden. Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with over-bath shower and toilet. First floor: Two twin bedrooms, each with low ceiling. Bathroom with toilet.
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Large enclosed garden, furniture
- Cycle store
- Games room with table tennis and table football
- Fishing from garden
- Ground floor facilities. Please note: This property has a security deposit of £150.
- Wood-burning stove - logs at cost
- Electricity, full oil central heating by meter reading
- Bed linen and towels included
- Bathrobes and toiletries
- High chair
- Satellite TV
- Hot tub for 2 (private)
- Shooting, stalking, ghillie, wildlife Landrover safari, loch and river fishing, guided hill walks and rod hire at costs by arrangement
- Tennis lessons
- Cook and bagpiper by arrangement
- Beauty therapist available by arrangement
- Collection from airport/station by arrangement
- Mountain bike hire
- Catering to any level by arrangement
- Shopping can be arranged
- Housekeeping by arrangement at cost
- Natural spring water supply
- No smoking