Heated by gas central heating and comprising:
Spacious Dining/Kitchen: With granite worktops, gas range cooker, American fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, TV, dining table and chairs and seating area.
Lounge: With freeview TV, DVD, iPod dock and desk.
Cloakroom: With WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom 1: With double bed and ensuite shower, WC and wash hand basin.
Bedroom 2: With double bed and ensuite shower, WC and wash hand basin.
All fuel, bed linen and towels provided. Cot and highchair available.
Outside: Roof Terrace with seating. Parking for 2 cars. Visit Britain Gold awarded property.
Hayton Castle is the main property on Edmond Castle Estate and is a family home as it was for most of its history, with occasional changes of use during the 20th century. The current owners have refurbished some of the estates properties into luxurious self-catering accommodation which will appeal to the most discerning guests, allowing the opportunity to stay on this historical site, close to Hadrian’s Wall. Whatever your party size there is a cottage to suit, with properties sleeping anything from 4 – 10 guests. The Peele Tower is the oldest building on the estate, dating to around 1603, when in the hands of the Howard family, the castle was designed by the renowned architect Sir Robert Smirke and built between 1824 and 1829. Each ‘cottage’ is superbly equipped and luxuriously furnished to ensure a relaxing stay. There is a small lake in the grounds with an abundance of birdlife and footpaths to the surrounding countryside. Edmond Castle is situated 7 miles east of the Historic city of Carlisle, outside the village of Hayton and is ideally situated to visit the Scottish Borders, the Eden Valley, the Lake District and Hadrian’s Wall. There is a golf course nearby, fishing on the River Eden, good restaurants locally and a great shopping centre in Carlisle.
The Peele Tower is the oldest building on the estate, built at the time of the Anglo Scottish feuds. It is laid out over 4 floors with a steep narrow staircase befitting of the period and a fantastic turreted roof terrace with fabulous panoramic views of the estate.