Offering a relaxing getaway, this beautifully restored detached cottage sits in 3000 acres of undisturbed woodland, wetland and other natural habitats.
Set amidst the hills of the Southern Uplands, these beautifully restored, detached holiday cottages set on the banks of a rushing stream offer a relaxing getaway. They are accessed by a track and situated in 3000 acres of undisturbed woodland, wetland and other natural habitats, recognised for their importance by their designations as SSSIs. Wildlife is abundant including red squirrels, ospreys, golden eagles, roe deer and badgers. The estate offers fishing, pony trekking, riding, 27km of all terrain cycling, woodland walks, canoeing and kayaking (grade 3+). Golf available at the famed Royal Troon and Turnberry Golf Courses 20 miles. Ayr 15 miles, Castle Douglas 30 miles. Shops 2½ miles.
Large living room with open fire and sofa bed (for +2). Large well-equipped kitchen with oil Aga, electric cooker and solid oak floor. First floor: Double bedroom with 5ft bed (zip & link can be twin beds on request) and dormer windows. Bathroom with shower cubicle, toilet and tiled floor.
- DVD (small library)
- Small, lawned garden with furniture
- Open fire - initial fuel included, thereafter logs £5 per bag
- Electricity, bed linen and towels included
- Full oil central heating included (October-March £25per week, short breaks pro rata)
- Sky TV (basic package)
- Oil Aga included
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Gardens set in unspoilt grounds with woodland
- Parking (for 2 cars)
- Horse riding, fishing, water sports (own equipment required, prices on arrangement)
- Stable livery and grazing by prior arrangement
- No smoking
- NB: Unfenced river in grounds, sloping banks in woodland. Drop in garden