Gracious manor house with wood panelling, Tudor rose ceilings, wood burning stove, tennis court and swimming pool, Chartwell nearby.
- Open fires – fuel at cost
- Elec inc
- Full oil CH inc (£150 pw, £75 per short break October to April)
- Bed linen and towels inc
- Telephone/fax avail by arr
- Extensive split-level gardens with patio, terraces and furniture
- Access to 150-acre parkland grounds
- Parking (for 6 cars)
- Outdoor unheated swimming pool
- Tennis court
- No smoking
- Please note: There are sloping banks, steps and a small pond in the garden. This property has a security deposit of £500.
> In a most beautiful setting, amid 150-acre parkland grounds, and with two acres of formal garden complete with sole use of swimming pool and tennis court, this gracious country manor house offers a warm and characterful retreat (owner retains a service wing for private use). With origins in the 12th-century, the present house was built in 1616 and is full of period features and furniture, such as original fireplaces, 16th and 17th-century wood panelling, Tudor rose ceilings and a grand staircase with twisted balustrade dating from 1682. The themed bedrooms, intimate reception rooms and dining room combine to make it an ideal holiday choice for family celebrations and get-togethers. The surrounding area is steeped in history, with Sissinghurst Castle, Penshurst Place, Hever Castle, Chartwell (Churchill’s home) and the moated splendour of Leeds Castle all beckoning exploration. Golf, fishing, horse riding and hunting can all be arranged locally. Etchingham Railway Station is
15-minute walk, or 3 minutes by car, for rapid access to local places of interest, and the sites and sounds of the capital can be accessed in around an hour and a half.
Shops 2 miles.