South Downs Way on the doorstep from this period cottage, with beams and wood burning stove, Herstmonceaux Castle nearby.
- Wood-burning stove - initial fuel inc, thereafter avail locally
- Elec, full gas CH, bed linen and towels inc
- DVD (small library)
- W/machine and t/dryer (in barn)
- Small lawned garden area with furniture
- Use of owner’s garden by arr
- Roadside parking
- No smoking
> This thoughtfully converted holiday cottage adjoining the owners’ home, is conveniently located on the edge of the village where smugglers once stored their contraband, and dates back in parts to 1480. With the South Downs Way on the doorstep, the area offers walks across the gallops, and became known as the South Downs National Park in 2012. An ideal touring base for Friston Forest, Beachy Head, Herstmonceaux Castle and Brighton. The Charleston Festival, Glyndebourne, International Tennis Championships and air show at Eastbourne (5 miles). Shop 3 miles, pub 50 yards.