out of 10
Attention to detail needed in Number 7!
We paid over £1000 for a week, not even in the school holidays, and the level of detail should be higher.
First impressions were very luxurious, but, lots of snags became apparent.
- No key for the utility room door. A key was supplied but this door was very difficult to open and shut.
- Main entrance patio doors are boarder line impossible to close when hot, so lots of banging of doors, and then still only being able to locate the bottom half of the door to lock it. Fine at night tho when cooler!
- Kitchen light had 2 blown bulbs out of 4.
- Utility room had 3 blown bulbs out of 4!
- Extractor fan had 1 blown bulb out of 2.
- No bulbs working at all in the oven, so had to use a torch!
- Sitting room ceiling fan not working properly. The on site maintenence man informed us the remote was missing!
- TV remote control missing in the main bedroom at the end of the lodge. Again reported, but they were unable to supply.
- All bedroom TV's linked to the Sky system and only work if the sitting room TV is turned on, so no going to bed to watch TV! And you all have to watch the same channel if you do.
- Sky remote didn't work, and had to ask for batteries.
- Theres an iron, but no ironing board!
- The light switch /dimmer is missing in the utility room. Just a stalk sticking out.
- Most blinds need attention, once they're up they're up, or the cord has been cut so short, a shorter person wouldn't be able to reach.
- No mirror in the main bedroom at all. And the mirrors in the other 2 bedrooms are no where near sockets making it very difficult to blowdry your hair especially if the accomadation was fully utilised with 6 people.
- The inbuilt sound system advertised, can only be used If you bring your own suitable aux lead and music device.
- All door shelves missing in the door of the fridge, so nowhere to store tall bottles of milk, coke, wine etc.
- The main end bathroom has a beautiful bath and built in shower, but the shower screan has over an inch gap between it and the bath, and so the bathroom gets flooded when showering. So this room can only really be used for its bath. (Hence the damp smell that we have since read about on other reviews)
- This bathroom door won't latch shut unless it's pushed hard and locked.
- The hot tub was very clean, but bear in mind it will get checked every morning, and if you're sitting on your verandah in your dressing gown having your breakfast, the men will still come up and test your water! Maybe a set time should be given so that you can be prepared?
- Gas and electric Safety certificates were out of date.
- A note to families with small children or those who may be offended...the canal and lakes right at the bottom of the lodge were frequently used by fishermen while we were there and there was much loud swearing going on!
1 man couldn't string a sentence together without every other word being the F word. As these waters are separately owned and licensed, I guess this is very much out of Ashby Woulds control tho.
We were told that if things arent reported, they wont get fixed, so we did leave a lengthy list!
We would return as it was a very comfortable, peaceful stay, in clean accommodation.
All windows were open and it was thoroughly aired when we arrived, and the chocolates and dressing gowns with new slippers were a lovely touch.
Towels provided, and lovely Egyptian cotton bedding. Plus starter kits including washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets, tea, coffee, sugar, milk sachets, tea towels, new dishcloth and toilet rolls by all 4 toilets were very much appreciated.
But we did expect quality for the price and the long list of niggles let it down.
Confirmed guest, 2018-07-21