out of 10
We stayed in Gowbarrow Premier (Hazel) Friday 07.09.18 – Monday 10.09.18.
Firstly, the website advertises Lodges; I would not describe it as a Lodge at all. It is simply a caravan with cladding. So understandably we were immediately disappointed having paid almost £400 to stay in what looked and felt like a shoebox.
Things only got worse from there, when going to bed on our first night we pulled back the duvet (which was spotless) to find the bottom sheet to be covered in hair and speckled black marks (photos attached)
As we are a couple and had requested the double room for our stay the twin room was not made up, therefore we could not sleep in there. We had no choice but to stay in the room and sleep on top of the duvet which left us freezing cold.
When my boyfriend went to reception to inform them the next morning, the lady at the desk argued with him and basically told him he was lying as she had cleaned the room herself and believed it to be spotless.
After about 10 minutes of debate she gave up and admitted that there may have been some hair as the people who stayed prior to us had brought their dogs with them.
How would the hair still have been there if she had changed the sheet after they left?
Obviously, this was an admittance that she had not. I believe that the duvet and pillow cases were changed but the sheet was forgotten. I accept that it can be easy to forget, but the attitude of the lady when we brought this to her attention was less than acceptable.
Nevertheless, she expected us to be happy with this explanation, as the hairs weren’t pubic, they were dog! As if that is any better! Finally, we were given a new sheet which we had to fit ourselves; nobody came to take away the dirty one, so we just left it in a ball in the spare room.
Our next issue, the smoke alarms are way too sensitive. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for fire safety and understand they serve a huge purpose! But, these alarms are ridiculous!
We had the oven on gas mark 3, nothing burning, door firmly shut, no smoke, yet the alarm was going nuts!
We found this to be the same in every lodge as each morning we were woken up by alarms going off in all the surrounding lodges as people were up making breakfast, it was like surround sound. The same problem again at lunch and dinner, you could always hear when someone was cooking. We found the only way to cook anything without disturbing everyone was to have every window and door open, which in torrential rain was not ideal.
Another issue we encountered, the toilet in the ensuite leaked. Unfortunately, I did not get a photo of this, but water pooled at the base which we then had to soak up every morning with toilet paper.
Our final issue came on the Sunday night. We were in bed watching TV when somehow the TV came loose from the wall and fell at one side. My boyfriend and I jumped out of bed and luckily caught it just as the other side came off.
The bracket (photos attached) you can see was not fixed to the wall properly to begin with as 4 wood screws were used to hold it in place rather than the appropriate fittings (plasterboard lugs) these screws were in a plasterboard wall which is extremely thin and could obviously not support the weight of the TV. Had there of been a bottom bracket as well, maybe it would’ve been better supported. Luckily, we had no children with us, I dread to think what would’ve happened if it’d fell onto one.
We will certainly not be returning to Flusco Wood Lodges due to then numerous issues we encountered during our stay. We have emailed them raising all of these issues and have not received any kind of acknowledgement from them. They clearly do not care about customer experience or opinion.
I would not recommend to anybody, I would simply tell them not to waste their money.
Confirmed guest, 2018-09-10