out of 10
Overall the location and standard of the lodge are good, that being said if I am being 100% the staff annoyed me about checking in, as its a 10 am check out, but you can't check in until after 1600! 6 hours really needed to clean? and no budging on this, what really annoyed me is that when we did get the key, when up to the lodge just to find 4 cleaners sat in a car just sitting there and was a good five mins before they realized and drove off.
When we did then open the door of the lodge, I was at first very impressed! had a good size, two-person sauna, and hot tub, the views are amazing as well as surrounding wildlife was just really cool and loved being away from it all.
on the downside, after a couple of hours and over the next day I started to really pay attention, and just ended up with a long list of things that just didn't feel great, these are as follows...
1) Top of wardrobe covered in dust, I stuck a cloth bag up there and when I bought it down, was covered in dust.
2) The kitchen tap was loose, worked but could be moved a good couple of inches in either direction.
3) The wall next to the sink in the bathroom had lost its vanish and just not been maintained.
4) Hot tub only had 1 of 4 seats working probably and two jets came loose while using it, these only had to be clicked back in, but again just felt like poor maintenance, even though they have a guy that comes every morning at 8 am (Also if I had to guess they don't change the water between guest as I have seen at other lodges)
5) Above the Hot tub, you have an overhang from the lodge which is great, but two things is that it didn't overhang to cover the whole deck hot tub area, second at some point someone started staining it, and left it partly done and very unfinished, and you just end up staring at this when relaxing in the hot tub only working chair, thinking what where they thinking.
6) Decking missing a Gate, in my opinion, we had our dog with us and had to make a gate with decking table and chairs so we could have the patio door open, and not worry about the dog wandering off.
7) Decking railing had been partly replaced at some point and not vanished to match, left natural and was an obvious repair.
8) Decking overall lack of maintenance and can see where people had walked through the vanish of the deck, just not been maintain at all.
Overall I would just say I would imagine when these lodes were first put in they would have been pristine, just looked like they have not been maintained to the standard, the price of the lodge warrants.
The surrounding location was all lovely, but depending what yours looking for this is very off the grid, and the nearest shop is good 30 mins away down a single track lane, although the hotel at the bottom of the hill, have a restaurant we only eat at this once which was steak and got charged something like near £50 for two steak and chips with two cokes, the steak was not great at all and chips very greasy, and ended up leaving it.
Last this no internet, and no WIFI, and no phone signal! Like i said very off the grid.